Friday, January 30, 2009

Hymns I want Faith & Eli to know...

In addition to the countless fresh contemporary songs of praise that are sure to lodge themselves into the hearts of my children,

Here's a start to my list of proven hymns I want my children to know, and thus be shaped into the image of Jesus Christ by...

1. Amazing Grace
2. How Great Thou Art
3. Be With Me, Lord
4. All Creatures of our God and King
5. All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
6. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
7. Be Still, My Soul
8. O Sacred Head
9. When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
10. Softly & Tenderly
11. Great is Thy Faithfulness
12. I Come to the Garden Alone
13. How Great Thou Art
14. Nearer, Still Nearer
15. My Jesus, I Love Thee
16. Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

What ones would you add?

5 comments:

Forrest Blogs said...

Great list... I would add the following:

- Eternal Father, Strong to Save
- Be Thou My Vision
- Night, with Ebon Pinion
- Dear Lord & Father of Mankind
- Doxology (Praise God From Whom...)

I might add 728b, It is Well With My Soul and Blessed Be The Tie, simply for the sake of family heritage.

jaime s said...

Seriously, you're gonna leave off my favorite hymn???? I suggest you quickly add a #17 to this list, honey!!!!

Katherine said...

I would definitely add
It Is Well
(and try my best to teach him so he does not sing "it is swell" :)).
I know this is sad, but I'm going to have to look through a song book to finish my list . . . once I have a song (or in this case, list of songs) stuck in my head, I have a hard time coming up with others . . .

Hmm . . . if only I had a boring sermon so I could focus on flipping through a song book . . .
:oP

Sarah said...

Hey Murray
Just as I am
Sweet Amora by Jeff Nelson
Family of God

George Cooper said...

Murray,

More later but three would be good:
-Balm in Gilead
-Great is Thy Faithfulness (Russ Carver's favorite)
-Jesus Loves Me

Blessings,

George Cooper