Thursday, December 4, 2008

Upcoming blog topics

Here are some topics I'm considering...

"How to score off the top of the charts on those standardized stress tests" (we've moved 3 times in 4.5 years of marriage, we have 2 children, and 2 mortgages. Don't even start with me on the 3 jobs.)

"How to sing hymns proudly with no apologies" (I know I'm only 40, but I am 40, and I've given myself permission to sing 'Praise to the Lord, the Almighty' regularly.)

"Why if people don't make their car payments, their cars get repo'd, but our gov't is preparing to bail out the people who made those cars" (self explanatory)

"If I don't have more time in the day, how will Facebook, MySpace and blogouniverse help me stay connected to all of my wonderful friends?" (I love these things, but the fact that they exist didn't add time to my already maxed out day)

"Why doesn't our next President just present a birth certificate" (have you heard about this? The Supreme Court is talking about it)

"Why don't i get up every day and work out at 6 am like today?" (i love the extra energy all day!)

That's all for now...

3 comments:

Shayna Willis said...

He presented the birth certificate awhile ago. The case is about whether or not the one he presented is real.

:-)
Shayna

Murray Sanderson said...

Thanks Shayna, I really don't follow this story in the news, I just heard about it over lunch. It sounds ridiculous. But I'm sure I was listening to a station that was very republican. I'm sure it will be resolved soon. It just sort of took me off guard.
Hope you & Carl are doing great!

mundiejc said...

To your comment about singing hymns... amen to that. I'm only 24 (former otter creeker, current worship leader at hermitage c of c) and I don't think I lead a service without putting some good hymns in there. Some of them have such deep theology. Especially this line from God of Grace and God of Glory

Cure thy children's warring madness
Bend our pride to thy control
Shame our wanton selfish gladness
Rich in things and poor in soul

That one cuts to me every time.

Hope things are going well over at OC. I miss being there, but love my new church family as well.